you a tour operator working in Northwest Yunnan? Our
suppliers offer unique, accessible ecotourism services that
complement any tour of Northwest Yunnan.
The Wenhai Ecolodge
The Wenhai Ecolodge
With Wenhai Lake near its front steps and the
peaks of Jade Dragon in the background,
the Wenhai Ecolodge is a scenic, peaceful mountain retreat.
Recently renovated, updated with sustainable energy systems, and community-operated,
the Ecolodge is
a unique experience in all of China.
trek to the Ecolodge takes you from
the Lijiang Valley to Upper Wenhai village. Located in a converted Naxi courtyard
house, the Wenhai Ecolodge provides a great base for day hikes
around the lake, to the upper slopes of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain or
to more remote Yi villages in the area. It can also be a
starting point for 3 day trek that brings you to the entrance of
Tiger Leaping Gorge.
Your accommodations at the ecolodge feature:
- Twelve newly-renovated,
comfortable rooms, many with views of the lake or mountain.
- An enclosed seating and dining area for reading, writing or chatting with other
- An outdoor patio with a view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
- Shared bathroom with hot water, shower and flush toilets.
- Alternative energy systems including biogas and solar panels to decrease the impact on the surrounding resources.
- A small library with information and books about the cultural and natural resources of Wenhai.
- Binoculars available to be checked out by guests.
- Traditional country-style Naxi dishes served family-style and prepared by the top cooks in the village.
(Meals are vegetarian unless otherwise requested.)
Interested? Please email
us for more information or find out how to
us in Lijiang.
Wenhai Ecolodge is owned and operated by the Wenhai Cooperative.
This web site is a project of the
Northwest Yunnan Ecotourism Association and has been developed to introduce you to unique ecotourism
opportunities around Lijiang and beyond. By developing and promoting ecotourism in Northwest Yunnan, our
goal is to support environmental protection, preserve the areas diverse
cultural heritage and contribute to community development. Read more about this project.
Northwest Yunnan Ecotourism Association